The foot problems turn out to be quite troublesome for runners, and one of such problems is having overpronation or flat feet. But there are certain best women’s running shoes for overpronation that can aid runners with this foot problem.
But what is overpronation? Let’s get to know about this disease a little.
Overpronation is a condition in which the arch of your foot becomes flat after collapsing. Your underfoot becomes flat, and it causes problems while running. The tendons, muscles, and ligaments feel strained during walking. The foot tends to inward if your feet are flat and the heel hits the ground from the outer edge first.
After the heel hits the ground, the foot rolls towards inside while moving. This condition may lead to other foot problems as well.
Your feet naturally pronate and rolls from the side, but over-pronation is rolling excessively. Your feet excessively roll inwards towards the arch. Commonly it is also called overpronation.
Best Stability Running Shoes for Overpronators
Shoes can be supportive while running and walking as they are home to your feet. That is why people with over-pronation must select the shoes which are supportive towards the structure of their feet. That is why we have enlisted the best women’s running shoes for overpronation, keeping in mind the essential characteristics.
So let’s find about these best shoes below and their benefits for your feet.
- Everyday Shoes for Overpronation: ASICS Gel-Kayano 27
- Best Motion Control Running Shoes: New Balance Fresh Foam 860v11
- Best Asics Shoes for Overpronation: ASICS Women’s GT-1000 9
Best Women’s Running Shoes for Overpronation
Check out our top picks also you can scroll down more to read full review of each product.
#1. ASICS Gel-Kayano 27 Running Shoes:
- Engineered mesh upper:
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- EVA Sockliner: Removable sockliner that provides cushioning performance.
- FLYTEFOAM Midsole Technology: Our FLYTEFOAM technology provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the distance, utilizing organic super fibers to help reduce packing out that traditionally happens with softer, low density foams.
- Dynamic DuoMax Support System: This evolution of DuoMax system enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform support.
ASICS Men’s Gel-Kayano 27 Running Shoes provide you with the best support and comfort. It is the right choice for you if you have a flat foot or overpronation because its sole is more flexible, which helps your feet in natural rolling.
The upper is specifically restructured to make it breathable and imparts an aesthetic look to the shoes due to the knit design.
There are flex grooves in the heel of these shoes that isolate the impact at the start to force a smoother effect after the foot strikes the ground. The incorporation of DYNAMIC DUOMAX® technology helps in supporting your feet and ensuring a straight walk. These shoes have Flyte Foam Technology in their midsole that provides an extra bounce.
There is a unique elastomer compound in the energetic Flytefoam propel technology of the midsole for further strengthening the bounce. At the same time, SPACE TRUSSTIC Technology provides stability to the shoe and reduces the weight of the sole.
#2. New Balance Women’s Fresh Foam 860v11:
- Fresh Foam midsole cushioning is precision engineered to deliver an ultra-cushioned ride
- Engineered mesh upper for a fit that feels uniquely yours
- Synthetic/mesh material for comfort
- Medial post helps control pronation
- Blown rubber outsole for durability
New Balance Women’s Fresh Foam 860v11 are reliable shoes that provide stability to your running along with comfortability. These shoes have so many changes in them that give them an improvised standard. For long-lasting comfort, the cushioning is made durable after data analysis. The rubber outsole imparts durability to these shoes.
These shoes come with exceptionally lightweight materials like Fresh Foam cushioning to give a light and cozy ride to you. If you have overpronation, then these shoes are the best new balance running shoes for overpronation because they have a medial post to cope with this problem. Another guaranteed quality of these shoes is stability that makes your feet have a steady run.
The specially designed heel hugs your feet from the rear end of your feet to give you a snug experience. These shoes have purely synthetic and light material.
#3. ASICS Women’s GT-1000 9:
- Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system - Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- FlyteFoam Midsole Technology - Our FlyteFoam technology provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the distance, utilizing organic super fibers to help reduce packing out that traditionally happens with softer, low density foams.
- AHAR Outsole - Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
- DuoMax Support System - A dual density midsole system positioned to enhance support and stability, positioned sport specifically.
- EVA Sockliner - Removable sockliner that provides cushioning performance.
ASICS Women’s GT-1000 9 Running Shoes offer a stable ride for runners who want comfort with lightweight shoes having a functional style. To reduce the shock impact after hitting the ground, the rearfoot of these shoes has cushioning. It is provided by the mixture of GEL® technology and FLYTEFOAM® technology, which is present near the base in these shoes.
The sock liner is contoured to add an extra cozy finishing touch. This sock liner also molds itself according to the shoe’s shape and works along with the upper of Russel mesh, providing personalized and structured fitting.
Along with the usage of advanced technology in these shoes, these shoes have a more versatile design and breathable mesh, making your running gear attractive and comfortable.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
What are the best shoes for overpronation?
If you suffer from overpronation, you need shoes with a firm base for the heel to have stable running. The shoes must have wide soles for better motion control.
Neutral vs Stability running shoes?
Neutral shoes are not recommended for overpronators. As the foot rolls inwards, it causes stumbling in movement; that is why overpronators need shoes with maximum stability.
Generally referred to as flat feet, overpronation is a huge problem for runners because the running becomes unstable due to this condition. But you can fix it with a little bit of caution, and the selection of shoes also comes under this. You must select shoes with firm heels and wide soles. And the shoes in this compiled list have all the necessary qualities you need if you have overpronation.
Jonathan de Lagarde has been the lead writer at PasUnAutre since 2019. His passion is to help people in all aspects of Feet and Shoes related to feet problems. He is a great Shoes expert in terms of giving you a great advice about which shoes you should purchase.