Plantar Fasciitis can make it really hard for you to walk or run properly. This disease can cause your feet to ache so much that most patients avoid walking altogether. But, don’t worry, there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Best women’s running shoes for plantar fasciitis can help you deal with your problem gracefully.
Let’s find out a bit about plantar fasciitis before heading towards our shoe picks for you.
There is a band of ligaments running between your front toe bones and heel bone. This band connects these two. Its function is that it acts as a prop for the foot to walk on and shock absorber.
Plantar fasciitis also supports the arch of feet, thus easing your walk. But what happens to it? It is still unclear, but scientists suggest that it degenerates, and your feet suffer from excruciating pain. So you experience a stabbing pain when you stand up or wake up and stand on your feet.
Putting too much stress on your heel or wrong shoes, which exert high strain on your feet, may cause plantar fasciitis. Runners, in particular, experience this pain. To have a smoother and elegant gait, you should choose the best and comfy shoes that fit you the best.
Doctor Recommended Running Shoes Plantar Fasciitis
You need to choose the right shoes that support your feet through this pain. We are going to narrate the description of shoes along with their best features and these are doctor recommended shoes plantar fasciitis. You will find all the best women’s running shoes for plantar fasciitis enlisted below.
So let’s find about these best shoes below and their benefits for your feet.
- Best Long Distance Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis: Brooks Women’s Glycerin 18
- Best Running Shoes for Wide Feet: ASICS Women’s GT-2000 8 Running Shoes
- Best Wide Toe Box Running Shoes: Saucony Women’s Cohesion 13 Running Shoe
- Best Work Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis: Saucony Women’s Guide 13
Best Women’s Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
Check out our top picks also you can scroll down more to read full review of each product.
#1. Best Long Distance Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis | Brooks Glycerin 18:
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Glycerin 18 is perfect for runners who think there's no such thing as too much cushioning. The upper enhances comfort by perfectly balancing stretch and structure.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides neutral support while offering the maximum amount of cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Glycerin 17.
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: Increased DNA LOFT super-soft cushioning allows for even more extreme softness, without losing responsiveness or durability, while the OrthoLite sockliner provides premium step-in comfort.
- PLUSH FIT: The plush feel of an internal stretch bootie surrounds your foot and moves and expands with your stride. The engineered mesh upper enhances the fit.
- SMOOTH TRANSITIONS: The plush transition zone makes every move from heel to toe feel incredibly soft and smooth.
Brooks Women’s Glycerin 18 Running Shoes are the kind of shoes that provide you with an impeccable run thats why these are the best long distance running shoes for plantar fasciitis. As runners always opt for speedy shoes but compromise on comfort, so these shoes are for them to provide both in a single shoe. You can experience a plush fit due to specially designed upper mesh, and stretch booties on the inner side can stretch to quite an extent.
The mesh is made up of jacquard to provide a smooth fitting. The ratio of the outsole and reconfigured midsole increases the cushioning. It is because this ratio increases the DNA loft, which provides a soft cushioning under the feet, thus supporting the plantar fasciitis. You feel a smooth transition in your stride when you transition while moving due to a plush zone of transition.
#2. Best Running Shoes for Wide Feet | ASICS GT-2000 8:
- AHAR Outsole is placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability
- Flytefoam Lyte midsole provides continuous cushion thanks to organic nano fibers
- DuoMax system enhances stability and support with reduced weight and increased platform support
- Trusstic System Technology integrates Guidance Line construction for enhanced gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning Systems attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle
ASICS Women’s GT-2000 8 Running Shoes are one of the best running shoes for wide feet. These provide both comfort and support to the runners along with protection. They have an updated system for cushioning consisting of GEL. This cushioning is also present in the heel and another part of the shoe, but it is much softer in the heel. Thus cushioning is much effective in shock absorption and providing high-level comfort.
These shoes make your stride energetic and landing relatively smoother because of the FLYTEFOAM technology present in the midsole. Your skin stays hydrated and fresh due to the air circulation ensured by a specifically designed upper mesh.
The stability is ensured by combining two systems: TRUSSTIC SYSTEM and DYNAMIC DUOMAX® technology present in the midfoot. TRUSSTIC SYSTEM makes the sole lighter in weight without interrupting the integrity of the whole system. GEL TECHNOLOGY CUSHIONING SYSTEM absorbs maximum shock and permits movement in different directions, thus ensuring strong stride.
#3. Best Wide Toe Box Running Shoes | Saucony Women’s Cohesion 13:
- New versarun cushioning for comfort
- Segmented rubber outsole for a smooth feel
- An upper with a technical look and plenty of breathability and secure hold
Saucony Women’s Cohesion 13 Running Shoes are the best for those runners who want to buy appropriate shoes in budget also these shoes fall in the category of best running shoes under $50. If you are looking for a combination of plush fit, comfortable fit, and durability, then these shoes must be your pick. The cushioning in shoes has VERSARUN technology which absorbs maximum shock during impact while reducing strain making your stride much comfortable.
The outsole is made up of rubber and segmented, which has quite much flexibility giving you a smoother experience through long distances. The upper provides a realistic look, ample breathability, a comfortable and secure grip. The material of the upper is air-friendly, thus making these shoes quite breathable.
These shoes come in great sizing and perfect fitting. But the cushioning is supportive for people with feet condition like plantar fasciitis and these shoes are the best wide toe box running shoes.
#4. Best Work Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis | Saucony Women’s Guide 13:
- New PWRRUN cushioning provides just-right softness that's responsive enough o tackle as many miles as you wish.
- The new medial TPU guidance fram quickley and quietly guides each foot through its natual gait cycle for the smoothest feel yet.
- FORMFIT surrounds the foot with a made-for-me feel that can accomodate a wide range of foot shapes comfortably.
Saucony Women’s Guide 13 give you runs a smooth and good feeling due to the high-quality material. They are the best for providing stability and comfort at the same time while running to great distances.
There is a perfect balance of fluid guidance and feel-good cushioning throughout the stride. These are the best work shoes for plantar fasciitis.
The cushioning uses PWRRUN for an on-point softness and comfort, making you able to walk through long distances without any distress. For a natural gait with a soft feel, these shoes have a TPU guidance frame that guides your feet smoothly through the gait cycle.
You can have a plush fit that makes you feel as if it were made for you, due to the FORM FIT. Your feet stay hydrated and fresh in these shoes too.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Do shoes also trigger Plantar Fasciitis?
Yes! It is not unusual for shoes to impact the feet negatively if not correctly selective. As it is a band of muscles running underfoot thus overused or unfit shoes can cause tears and make it problematic.
Worst shoes for Plantar Fasciitis?
If you do not want Plantar Fasciitis to go bad, then you should avoid wearing Flats. Flip Flops. Old Shoes. And ultra-high heels.
Is walking barefoot good for plantar fasciitis?
Most doctors forbid walking barefoot if you have Plantar Fasciitis because the hard surface makes it sore. But it is also recommended to walk barefoot for a few minutes to improve posture, relieve feet and help shin splints patient.
The most important thing that all of these shoes have is that they do not have a hard sole and focus on cushioning. It is because Plantar Fasciitis is present underfoot, and that is the part realty tended to by these shoes. If you are suffering from Plantar Fasciitis, then you can easily pick these shoes and have a smoother stride without any pain. These shoes are great for people who need support and cushioning beneath their feet.
Jonathan de Lagarde has been the lead writer at PasUnAutre since 2019. His passion is to help people in all aspects of Feet and Shoes related to feet problems. He is a great Shoes expert in terms of giving you a great advice about which shoes you should purchase.