The choice of shoes is significant and vital for runners because they need their feet to feel at ease. Problems like wide feet make it difficult to select proper shoes. That is why we are going to recommend the best women’s running shoes for wide feet to you.
But what are Wide Feet? Let’s know about that first.
The wide foot is a common term for larger feet. You may have had this condition since the time you were born. But it may happen with the passing age as well when your ligaments and tendons start becoming loose. Many other factors may also cause your feet to grow large, and these factors include pregnancy and swelling.
Wide feet cause lots of problems while finding shoes but you need not worry about this problem. Because we are here to help you. We have compiled a list of the Top women’s running shoes for wide feet for you.
Top Picks | Best Women’s Running Shoes For Wide Feet
#1. ASICS Women’s Gel-Excite 4 Running Shoe:
- Rubber sole
- Shaft measures approximately Low-Top" from arch
- Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Removable Sockliner: A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
ASICS Women’s Gel-Excite 4 Running Shoes are suitable for those runners who run to moderate miles or who is looking specially for Asics wide running shoes. These shoes unmistakably provide you comfort with durable material and craft. These shoes are purely synthetic and imported ones.
The GEL cushioning system is a signatory and provides the best shock absorption due to impact. This system mainly provides comfort in the rear foot. The cushioning ensures a smoother transition to mid-stance.
These shoes come with a removable sock liner which accommodates orthotic purposes medically due to the presence of EVA in them. The specific rubber, which is named AHAR (Short form of ASICS High Abrasion Rubber), is present in the areas of the outsole which experience shock the most. Another feature of these shoes is reflectivity which renders them suitable for conditions with low light.
#2. Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 20:
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: Runners who need a perfect blend of support, cushion, flexibility, and reliability. The modernized, streamlined design satisfies runners who crave a low-profile look.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides just the right amount of stability and support, great for overpronation while providing high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Adrenaline GTS 19
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT Crash Pad cushions each footfall and works with BioMoGo DNA to adapt to your every stride.
- MODERNIZED FIT: A new streamlined, engineered mesh upper with 3D Fit Print offers the structure and proven fit the Adrenaline is known for-without excess bulk.
- GUIDERAILS HOLISTIC SUPPORT SYSTEM: We've shifted our focus beyond the feet to the most injury-prone part of a runner’s body: the knees. GuideRails keep you moving comfortably by keeping excess movement in check.
Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 20 shoes are one of the comfiest shoes you need to support your running. This is because their cushioning is quite advanced and running-supportive and this makes them the best trail running shoes for wide feet.
The cushioning makes every step smooth, while the Guiderails system provides support and guidance. The design is a blend of streamlining and modernization to provide a combination of cushion, support, reliability, and flexibility. These specific shoes are also know as the best brooks running shoes for wide feet.
For better support and weight sharing, the upper mesh is made strong. It is synthetic and three-dimensionally engineered. The guide rails are also responsible for smooth transitions. The cushioning is made up of DNA LOFT Crash Pad combined with BioMoGo DNA to ease your steps. Another perk of these shoes is that they remain true to their size and width.
#3. Nike Women’s Revolution 4 Wide Sneaker:
- LIGHTWEIGHT SHOE: Women's Nike shoes are made of lightweight, single-layer mesh for breathability. No-sew overlays along the midfoot and eyestays provide durability while keeping the running shoe lightweight.
- SUPPORT & COMFORT: Women's shoes offer support and structure with underlays in the vamp and toe tip while the cushioned heel collar of the running shoe remains low-profile for lightweight comfort.
- SOFT FOAM MIDSOLE: Nike Revolution 4 women's athletic shoes are built with soft injected Phylon (IP) foam for lightweight, responsive cushioning, plus horizontal bellows molded into the foam create added response.
- RUBBER OUTSOLE: Full-length rubber outsole on this Nike running shoe provides traction, durability and cushioning for your runs.
- MULTI-SURFACE TRACTION: Molded pods offer multi-surface tractions for our Revolution 4 women's running shoes. Pods flatten on impact then spring back at toe-off creating a piston effect that delivers responsive cushioning.
Nike Women’s Revolution 4 Wide Sneaker shoes are perfect if you specifically want Nike wide shoes women’s or Nike wide running shoes also these are perfect for your journey with a minimal design being light in weight and comfortable at the same time. The upper mesh is made breathable through a unique design that combines with soft cushioning beneath your feet to provide you coziest running. These shoes ensure flexibility with durability and a spacious toe-box.
These shoes have a midsole made up of the softest foam to deliver comfort with lightweight. Another thing that makes it light in weight is a single layer of mesh with no overlays, making it breathable. But there are certain underlays in the toe-tip and vamp, but the collar of the heel is cushioned.
For durable traction, the outsole is crafted from rubber, and pods are specifically molded. These pods become flattened when your foot comes under the impact, which springs back later at toe-offs.
#4. New Balance Women’s 990 V5 Sneaker:
- Heritage Style: The 990v5 is an iconic sneaker, built with a pigskin and mesh upper in a classic running silhouette designed to look amazing anywhere from morning run to runway
- Supportive Fit: Venture on, wherever the day takes you, with the New Balance 990v5 lifestyle shoe. An ENCAP midsole combines lightweight foam with a durable polyurethane rim to deliver all-day support
- Helps Protect Ankles: Designed for all-day comfort, these everyday running shoes from New Balance also include dual-density collar foam that offers support and comfort for your ankles
- Built to Last: These New Balance everyday shoes are designed with a durable blown rubber outsole that stands up to daily wear and helps provide comfort in every step
- Made in the USA: Manufactured in the US for over 75 years and representing a limited portion of US sales, New Balance MADE is a premium collection that contains a domestic value of 70% or greater
New Balance Women’s Made in US 990 V5 Sneakers are the best new balance women’s walking shoes and these shoes give you all desired qualities along with style. They are partially synthetic and made up of leather, while the upper mesh is derived from pigskin. All these qualities collaborate to give them a silhouette design.
These new balance shoes come with an outsole made up of blown rubber. These shoes have top bed foam of high quality and underneath the feet to give a comfy feel. You can easily slip into these shoes. These shoes have a midsole with ENCAP cushioning of lightweight foam along with a rim made up of durable polyurethane.
The design of these shoes is quite catchy, with a stylish outlook and attractive logos.
#5. New Balance Women’s W1540V2
- 10 mm drop: due to variances created during the development and manufacturing processes, all references to 10 mm drop are approximate
- Blown rubber outsole provides superior rebound
- Dual density collar foam offers support and comfort for ankles
- Manufactured in the US for over 75 years and representing a limited portion of our US sales. New Balance Made is a premium collection that contains a domestic value of 70% or greater.
- Medicare / HCPCS code = A5500, may be eligible for Medicare reimbursement
New Balance Women’s W1540V2 Running Shoes are motion controlling shoes and best new balance running shoes for wide feet because of their quality of remaining true to size. They are out-of-the-box comfortable and are pretty spacious. The toe box has quite a space to accommodate large feet.
These shoes are made up of a hundred percent friendly synthetic material. The outsole consists of blown rubber which gives great rebound qualities to these shoes. These shoes have a sole made up of rubber and collar foam of a high density to provide great comfort to the feet. These shoes are purely synthetic and imported ones or assembled in the states.
For runners looking for comfort with a larger toe box, these shoes are for them.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Do your feet get wider with age?
When you start to age, sometimes your feet start becoming wide because the tendons and ligaments in the body begin to become loose. Thus the feet start growing wide and long.
How can you break in new shoes if you have wide feet?
When you buy new shoes with wide feet, try them on in the evening and keep wearing them for some time. You can also wear socks or use sprays that make them stretch.
Which shoes you should avoid if you have wide feet?
There are certain types of shoes that you should not wear if you have wide feet. These shoes include Wedges, Platform Sandals, Strappy Sandals, and Ballet Flats.
What is the main quality you should look for in a shoe with wide feet?
The essential characteristic of a shoe made for broad feet is a larger and spacious toe box because the front part of the shoes is large, so shoes with larger toe boxes will accommodate them.
Wide feet often make it challenging to find an appropriate shoe, and it is hard, particularly for runners. So if you have got wide feet, then you should choose your shoes very carefully. The list that we have compiled for you especially takes care of wide feet. It has got all the comfort and space that you need while running. So wide feet are no more a problem for runners. You can choose any shoe from this list without any worry.
Jonathan de Lagarde has been the lead writer at PasUnAutre since 2019. His passion is to help people in all aspects of Feet and Shoes related to feet problems. He is a great Shoes expert in terms of giving you a great advice about which shoes you should purchase.