Do you tend to stand for a long time or cover long distances on foot, and as a result, you have got vicious corn on your feet? Well, corns can be treated, but first, you should learn about your enemy.
Corn is rough, yellow bumpy skin. It can form on the tips, sides, or bottom of your feet. They are a hard layer of skin and are very sensitive to touch. They are also very painful.
Usually, they are caused by pressure due to snugged shoes and, long periods of walking or standing. It would be better not to wear tight shoes. There are various ways to cure corns. You can either use home remedies or go and see a doctor.
Here, I have listed some remedies to remove corns on feet overnight.
Corn Removal Home Remedies
You can treat your corns by yourself at your home easily with a few ingredients present in your pantry.
Epsom salt is best known for its softening effect.
- Take some of it in warm water and soak your feet in it
- After 10 minutes rub your feet with a callus file or pumice stone.
- Repeat it on daily basis after bath or shower.
Epsom salt is available in some pharmacies. You can also get it from a supermarket.
Epsom salt will soften the callus a bit and, it would be easy to exfoliate it. Doing it on daily basis will bring you a better result within a weak.
Pumice stones are porous stones and are lightweight. They work best when your skin is soft.
- As stated before, after soaking your feet in warm water scrub them with a pumice stone.
- Gentle circular motions are very effective, though many days of exfoliation lead to your desired result.
Even in ancient times, people used this stone to exfoliate their skin. John Giurini, DPM has said that the best way to treat corns and calluses is to gently shave them. By this, he means to scrub or exfoliate them. And for this pumice stones are perfect.
They are mostly available in Asian stores. But if you are not able to find them, you can purchase them online.
You all have different creams in your home. Skin softening products like vaseline, hand and foot creams are used by everyone. They soften the corn and keeps your skin hydrated.
Apart from these creams exfoliating cream also works wonders. Creams with salicylic acid, urea, or ammonium lactate are best for this purpose.
The use of exfoliating creams will remove dead skin and leave it soft and hydrated. This way it will be easier to get rid of corns and calluses.
Foot files are used, in the same way as pumice stones.
- Before filing your feet, soak them for 5 to 10 minutes in warm water.
- You can also add salt to the water.
- After exfoliating, use a moisturizer or some type of foot cream to keep your skin hydrated, as excessive exfoliation can lead to further complications such as atopy or dermatitis.
- So be careful while exfoliating and try not to irritate your skin.
Foot files are available in pharmacies and supermarkets. You can also get one online.
Baking soda is something present in every kitchen. All you need to do is get up and make a baking soda paste.
- So, what you need to do is take a bowl and add two tablespoons of water with baking soda in it.
- Add baking soda enough to make a paste.
- Then add a few drops of lemon juice.
- Apply this concoction to the affected part and cover it with a bandage or anything else.
Baking soda softens up your hard skin and shaves of your thick skin. It is widely used in skin remedies and works very well.
You have learned up till now soft skin is crucial in the treatment of corns and calluses. As discussed before soaking your feet in warm water for 5-10 minutes does the job. Adding Epsom salt to the water increases the success of the treatment.
All the procedures to remove corn require soaking of feet in warm water. Hence you can do this on daily basis without any problem. Whereas, it will keep your feet clean and prevent any further skin problems.
Most of the creams out there have some kind of mild acid in them. Apple cider vinegar plays the same role. Since it is an acid, you can’t leave it on your skin. Use a cotton pad to apply it. Place the cotton on the affected area for 5 min maximum.
Be careful to check for any allergies. If you see any kind of irritation or redness, then stop using it. People with diabetes should be really careful, as apple cider vinegar cannot distinguish between thick or thin skin.
But it will still soften your skin and prove helpful.
Lemon is rich in citric acid. It can also be beneficial in treating corns. All you need is a lemon, bandage, and socks.
- Cut a lemon into a slice.
- Put it over the corn and cover it with the bandage.
- You can apply it before going to bed and leave it overnight. Or you can leave it for one to two hours. That will be enough as well.
Lemon is used in many home remedies and has proved to be essential for skin problems since ancient times.
There are two ways to use castor oil.
- You can take a corn pad and add a few drops of oil to it.
- Put it over the desired area and cover it with a bandage.
- Cover your foot with a sock (completely optional) and leave it like that overnight.
Apart from this, you can soak your feet in the warm concoction of 5 tablespoons of castor oil in water for 10-15 minutes. It will soften and lubricate your skin.
Castor oil is famous for soothing any kind of irritations on the skin as a result it works on corns as well.
Just like baking soda paste, aspirin paste is used.
- What you need to do is take 5 to 6 tablets and crush them completely.
- Take that powder and mix with a little amount of apple cider vinegar and water. it will form a paste.
- Apply that paste only to corns and calluses. Avoid contact with healthy skin as it is very strong.
- Cover it with a bandage.
- Approximately after ten to fifteen minutes that hard yellowish corn would have become soft.
- You can then scrub with the help of pumice stone and get rid of it.
Protective cushions or corn pads come in handy. They reduce pressure and hence reduce friction preventing, the formation of corns or halt their worsening.
How to Get Rid of Corns on Toes Permanently?
Still not satisfied? Then you can head to a doctor. He will examine your condition and prescribe you some medicines according to it, which will help you remove corns on your feet overnight.
Lotions and pills
There are various lotions that are applied twice on daily basis. They have certain chemicals and ingredients which remove corns permanently.
Apart from lotions, some antibiotic pills are also present to treat this disease.
In case corns are still there, then your doctor might suggest surgery. By surgery, they are completely removed. The procedure is 30 minutes long. The doctor will shave off the dead skin all to the roots of your corn.
Once you get rid of corns, they won’t appear again. Any of the above-mentioned ways can remove these agonizing corns.
If taken appropriate measures, then you can prevent corns from the beginning.
- Wear shoes for your size. If your shoe is tight then don’t wear it because friction can lead to irritation and formation of a corn.
- Wearing socks will be beneficial in reducing pressure and friction.
- Take care of your feet. Moisturize and exfoliate them regularly. Make sure they are clean and free of germs.
Can you pull a corn out of your foot?
You cant just pull corn out, you need to follow the remedies given above. It can help in making it softer and in some time it will get vanish.
Can baking soda get rid of corns?
Baking soda is a multifunction home item, it can help in a lot of matters like corns. Baking soda can surely shows you great result after applying it on corn by our above given method.
How to get rid of deep rooted corns?
There are various lotions that are applied twice on daily basis. They have certain chemicals and ingredients which remove corns permanently. Apart from lotions, some antibiotic pills are also present to treat this disease.
Corns are not life-threatening but are unendurable. We can treat them with many home remedies, though do not disappear in a glimpse but they start to get better in a weak and completely disappear by the end of a month without leaving any sort of mark.
It is highly recommended that people with diabetes should consult a doctor. Their skin is already delicate, and they should not conduct any sort of experiment on their own.
Even after all these remedies corns still stand in their place as annoying as before, then you need to take a second look at your lifestyle, shoes fitting, and feet care. These three things are influential when it comes to corns.
Hope after reading this article you will be able to sort things out!